Depending on the referral question testing will vary based on the issues and age of the child, however at On Track Psychological Services you may expect:
- Parent / Carer interview including developmental and educational history (parents only).
- Cognitive testing (thinking and reasoning ability).
- Achievement testing (academic skills).
- Other relevant tests, as determined by performance during the assessment and also to assess specific issues such as attention/focus).
- Provision of a detailed report with summary and diagnostic opinion - provided within 3 working weeks.
- Individualised, specific learning recommendations for school and home.
- Feedback session.
Depending on the referral question and testing required, 4 sessions are usually required:
- Initial parent consultation (30-50 mins)
- Assessment session #1 (90-150 mins)
- Assessment session #2 (90-150 mins)
- Feedback session for parents (50 mins)