Dyslexia Assessments - Children & Adults
Referrals may be made for an assessment to identify a Specific Learning Disability in Reading and Written Expression (Dyslexia). At On Track Psychological Services you may expect:
- Parent / Carer interview including developmental and educational history (parents only).
- Approximately 120-180 minutes of testing directly related to determining whether a diagnosis is appropriate.
- Provision of a detailed report with summary and diagnostic opinion - provided within 3 working weeks.
- Individualised, specific learning recommendations for school and home.
- Feedback session.
Depending on the referral question and testing required, 3 sessions are usually required:
- Initial parent consultation (30-50 mins).
- Assessment session (120-180 mins).
- Feedback session for parents (50 mins).